Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Lesson #63

Appreciating the chaos

Anyone that has ever been to our house knows that it is not the most relaxing of atmospheres. The volume level is almost always well above average. Whether they are fighting or getting along well, everything seems to be done with a tremendous amount of noise here.

We were sitting around the dinner table last night trying to finish up our last bites. Zoey sat quietly in her seat, sipping her milk, as the boys reeked havoc. It is hard to describe exactly what they were doing. Imagine two Labrador puppies playing tug of war with a chew toy. Add in screaming and laughing and that might give you some idea. Nothing particularly bad was happening, but it was nothing short of chaos. We were both just waiting for someone to get hurt and for the laughter to turn into tears. I think the exhaustion from the day prevented me from trying very hard to deescalate the situation. Rather, I sat back and had to smile at the ridiculousness of it all. I looked at my husband and we both just shrugged our shoulders. He then made a comment about needing a vasectomy. We both just laughed and sat back as the craziness ensued.




As much as I complain about how insanely loud and intense things are here with three kids between 2-6 years old, I really know how lucky we are to have happy, healthy kids. They do love each other and are happiest when we are all together. I know that won't always be the case so I count my blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment