Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Lesson #70

The soothing quality of a storm is lost on a toddler

I can remember back to a time when a rain storm meant a perfect excuse to sleep in late or call in sick to work. When you are a stay at home mom, that is never an option. Now, instead of snuggling up in bed, listening to the calming sounds of thunder and rain, I get tortured by my kids.



After a long holiday weekend, I was really looking forward to a good night of sleep. That is not what happened. Looking to assert his independence, Miles decided to repeatedly climb out of his crib last night. I am pretty sure it all started with the storm. Something clearly woke him up. All I know is that this child popped out of his room and into the upstairs hallway a half dozen times between 1:15 and 2:30 in the morning. If that wasn't bad enough, Max waltzed in to announce he had an accident at 3:00. Once he realized it was storming, he did not want to go back to bed. Thirty minutes of visits to my room only prolonged my awake time. Fast forward to 5:00 am and Miles was out of bed again, ready to start the day. Ugh!!!! All I can do now is relish the fact that there is no more rain in the forecast until this weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment