Monday, July 28, 2014

Lesson #90

An education of poop

It still amazes me with my third child how fascinating mundane things can be. It is also interesting how different kids at the same age can be intrigued by such different things. Unless I am not remembering accurately, my oldest two kids never really had a curiosity in their own defecation. They pretty much just did their business and went about more interesting things.

It took a while for Miles to actually stop using his underwear for a toilet. But ever since he got over the fear of pooping into a big white basin, he has developed quite a fascination with his own poop. Not only does he love looking at it, he likes analyzing it.



It all started with the fact that the toilet paper would cover up the poop. "It is getting in my way," he would exclaim.

Apparently, Miles needed to be able to see it go round and round as it flushed. Once I realized this, I had to reason with him that as it flushed, the paper would float off so he could get a better view of the action. I was just afraid he was going to reach in and move the toilet paper.

We moved on from the toilet paper being in the way to personalizing the poop.

"There is a baby poop."

"The baby poop wants his mommy."

"Where is the daddy poop?"

"The baby poop is getting his daddy and mommy."

"There is a ducky poop."

"The ducky poop is swimming. It is moving like the vacuum in the pool."

"I had a banana poop."

And that is all just what I have heard since yesterday morning. I can only imagine where things could go from here. Poop is just like a snowflake apparently. No two are the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment