Thursday, July 24, 2014

Lesson #86

Farts: My proud mom moment

I really detest the actual word, "fart." It is just one of those words that actually conjures up a sensory reaction from me. It must trigger my smell sensation in some way. At any rate, I just don't really like the word at all. For sure, there are far worse words in the urban dictionary. But I have more tolerance for most of the four-letter words.

Given the fact that I have two boys and one grown boy living in our home, it is inevitable that this word will float around, causing copious amounts of laughter for years to come. I don't allow this word to be said at our home. I ask that the kids say "toot" or "pas gas" if absolutely necessary.



Yesterday, my husband gave the priceless gift of potty knowledge to my six-year-old. In true dad fashion, he dropped a bomb on Max just as he was headed up to bed. I am not sure what compelled him to share this nugget of boy humor. Maybe he was trying to torture me or just bond in some weird guy way. Whatever the reason, he decided to introduce the term, "SBD" to Max.

Silent But Deadly

Without knowing what it meant, my sweet little boy was rolling with laughter. Upon explanation, "silent but deadly" grew even more giggles.

I looked at my husband and rolled my eyes. "Thanks for that," I stated.

Of course, not even 12 hours later, as he crawled into bed to wake us up, Max repeated his favorite new catch phrase. It was as if he had been waiting all night to use it. Not only did he use it liberally at our house that morning, he boasted the fact that he imparted this newly gained insight to his friends at camp later in the day. Not my proudest moment as a mom. But when I went to sign him out that afternoon, my embarrassment grew. His teacher informed me that Max explained his dad had taught him that at home. Now I am just glowing with pride!

No comments:

Post a Comment