Thursday, July 10, 2014

Lesson #72

It is hard to stay angry at a two-year-old for long

Miles is really good at pushing my buttons. For a two-year-old, he is learning pretty quickly to test every limit. Our latest challenge is the transition from crib to toddler bed. We probably should have abandoned the crib months ago but I was grasping to every inch of control I still had over my youngest. He is in every sense of the word, a daredevil. This kid is scared of nothing and is a terrible rule follower. Once he started climbing out of his crib, I knew that it was all over.

We just made the switch last night. After two nights in a row of him getting up at 4:30, roaming the halls unsupervised, I knew we had to surrender. I am still working on how to convince him not to get out of his bed. In the mean time, it is a lot of walking him back to bad, making him promise he will not get out again.



After two returns at the start of nap time today, I found this child standing on the stairs with a mischievous smile, stretching out a slinky. He looked at me with a sheepish grin as I told him he could not get up again. "Okay," he said as he walked back up the stairs.

As hard as I try to be furious, I have to hide my smile at how cute he is. And lucky for him he is so cute. I might have given him away months ago!

No comments:

Post a Comment