Monday, July 7, 2014

Lesson #69

Poop humor loses something when you are trying to potty train a toddler

Poop, plop, turd, poopy...any way you say it, the end result is the same. Kids reflexively giggle whenever potty talk is involved. There is nothing funnier to little kids than jokes involving poop. And thanks to a very thoughtful gift from one of my husband's co-workers, we are just rolling in poop humor these days. The kids could not believe their lick when they got "doody heads."



The clever little hats are topped with a brown swirl of cushioned poop. They thought it was pretty funny to wear the poop as a hat but even funnier to hide it around the house for me to find. No matter how many times they pull the trick, I am stall falling for it. This is mainly due to the fact that Miles has been known to not only poop in his underwear daily, but to even poop on the floor if he is going commando. This has been an issue since we started potty training a few weeks ago and has reached a new level of frustration thanks to this new prop.

Just this morning, I fell for it again. Max was frantically yelling for me to come downstairs because there was a huge poop on the carpet. Once again, I came racing into the room to find this stupid poop toy on the floor. Don't get me wrong, I was relieved not to have to pick up a disgusting mess. But I am pretty sure this new favorite toy is going to find itself disappearing very soon...permanently!

No comments:

Post a Comment