Sunday, July 13, 2014

Lesson #74

Don't trust a two-year-old with a secret

This summer has really taken a toll on me and it is only July! Yesterday was my birthday and it fell at the end of a very long and exhausting week. With each day that went by, I found myself dragging into the next. I was really looking forward to the weekend and a fun night out with friends to celebrate. I decided to cash in my Mother's Day gift of a morning at the spa. I arrived at 8:00 am and was subjected to four solid hours of total pampering and relaxation. I might have to say it was four of the best hours of my life!

I met up with Josh and the kids after for a birthday lunch. I was so relaxed and happy to see them all. Miles came running toward me with a big smile. The first words out of his mouth were, "Mama. We made you a birthday cake."

There went the big surprise! (Josh had taken the kids shopping for the ingredients and let them pick out their own frosting color. They all worked together to make the cake, even busing out the Kitchen Aid! This was a first for Josh despite the fact that we got it as a wedding gift ten years ago.)

I tried to ignore the comment from Miles, not wanting the other kids to know he had leaked the big surprise. He just kept repeating it! Max and Zoey tried to distract me by telling me that they made something out of bacon. That must be what Miles is talking about.

In addition to the sweet birthday cake, they all worked together to make a banner and decorations.


All in all, it ended up being the best ruined surprise I have ever received.

No comments:

Post a Comment