Saturday, May 31, 2014

Lesson #32

When all else fails, employ manual labor tactics

I love being in Kansas City with our extended family. My three kids play hard (and fight a little too) with their two cousins. But after three days of running wild and entertaining each other, things tend to unravel for these kiddos. By 10 am today, I think all five of them were at a breaking point. Fortunately for us, not necessarily my brother, a tree fell victim to the storms over night. Seeking an opportunity to harness their energy, amazing Uncle Justin decided to recruit some cheap labor. He manned the chainsaw while the three eldest hauled logs to the front yard. It was the best cooperation and least amount of fighting I have heard all weekend. This is further proof that a little structure activity coupled with heavy duty energy burning can be the best recipe for a peaceful afternoon.


No comments:

Post a Comment