Sunday, May 18, 2014

Lesson #18

Life goes on without me

It is always hard to leave the kids when we travel. It doesn't happen often, but when we do get the opportunity for a kid-free trip, there is always that anxiety about how things will go in my absence. I am typically in charge of everything that goes on in our house from the moment they wake up until the last one falls asleep.



I love talking to the kids while we are gone just to hear how they are doing and what activities they have planned. But it never really seems to go the way I explect. When calling to check in on Saturday, no one was really that interested in talking on the phone for us. Out of sight...out of mind I suppose.

It is of course great that they the do so well without us here. We are happy that there are minimal tears and that they aren't longing for us all day long. Life does go without me. But it is always good to be back home and to feel needed again.


No comments:

Post a Comment