Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Lesson #22

Let go and break your own rules

I am definitely a rule person. I try to keep some sense of control over the chaos that is our awesome family. One of the most annoying things that I struggle to keep under control is the behavior at the pool. I have a severe aversion to being splashed in the face or blasted with a water gun. I know it is pretty crazy. The whole point of being in the pool is to get wet. I am constantly reminding the kids not to shoot adults with the water guns.




Yesterday, we were playing outside in the backyard. It was the first really hot day of spring. even though we were in the shade, it was still pretty warm. Miles had his water blaster and was struggling to use it. I reluctantly showed him how to do it and he was off and running. I was of course the first victim of his spary. I started to protest but realized there was no where we needed to go, no reason to care about getting wet. I told the kids to take off their shirts and just go for it. We were all a big mess about an hour later but it ended up being a really fun afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment