Thursday, May 15, 2014

Lesson #16

Television can be a good thing

I struggle with what is the appropriate amount of television for my three kids. I feel guilty turning it on for them and really try to limit their time using electronic devices. I would so rather them do something physical or educational. Restricting television and iPad time has other benefits as well. When they do get to watch or play, they are very focused, allowing me to get things done around the house. I know that some television can be educational but Miles really taught me just how much he is learning.



Ask Miles what he wants to watch any time of the day and he will almost always request "Dora the Explorer." He LOVES his Dora. I hear him answering questions when the shoe has interactive portions so I know he pays attention. The other day in the car, I hear this 2 year old spontaneously counting from 1-10 in Spanish. I could not believe it! I don't think Max could do this until he was 5. When I asked Miles where he learned that, he said, "Dora."

I guess television does have some perks!

No comments:

Post a Comment