Sunday, May 18, 2014

Lesson #17

Chocolate doesn't always make everything better

Getting ready to head out of town for the weekend, I wanted to make breakfast a little easier for the kids' YiaYia. I thought I would turn some over ripe bananas into some breakfast bread. Knowing the aversion my kids sometimes have to bananas, I tried to pull one over on them. I added in plenty of chocolate chips, something I would never normally incorporate into any meal. I even played it out like we could trick YiaYia into letting them eat it for breakfast despite the fact that it had candy in it. I was fooling no one with my banana bread in disguise. Just one look and Zoey knew it contained bananas. She did not even want to touch it! Max was a little skeptical but could not resist the allure of chocolate. He did give it a try but ate it just the way I predicted. With the skill of a surgeon, this clever six-year-old tried to pick out the little morsels, avoiding the bread as best he could. All it took for Miles was seeing the other kids reacting. He didn't even entertain trying a bite. So, store bought bagels it was for our Friday morning meal before heading out of town.


No comments:

Post a Comment