Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Lesson #29

Don't stay out with girlfriend until midnight on a Tuesday

I am not one to go out and stay late on a weekday evening. My bedtime is typically at 10 pm during the week. My kids are early risers so I always plan to get as much sleep as possible. Last night, I had a rare night out with some other moms from Max's school. We just met for drinks and appetizers. I figured we would be done by about 9:00 and headed home to read and go to bed. We didn't finish up at the restaurant until 10:00 and I was set to get home and get to sleep. One of the moms suggested going across the street for a beer and I could not bring myself to be the party pooper. As tired as I was, we were having such great conversation. I headed to the next venue and did not end up home until almost midnight. Of course, two of my kids decide to get up at 5:30 this morning. Needless to say, I am really dragging today. It was definitely a fun night and I really loved the bonding time with my friends. But as a stay at home mom, taking the morning off to get some extra rest is never an option. That is the price to pay for a little mom time!



Thank goodness for some pool time this morning and a long nap for the two younger ones!

No comments:

Post a Comment