Sunday, June 29, 2014

Lesson #60

Socialize like a six-year-old

I don't take a lot of social cues from my kids. In all honesty, I am usually embarrassed by their behavior in public settings. But when it comes to socializing with other kids, sometimes my kids really surprise me.

None of my kids are overly shy. This can be a good thing but also a detriment in some situations. This weekend, I really got to see how their extroverted personalities really shine through.



We went to Cincinnati to visit family and friends and to attend the Greek festival. We try to attend this event as often as possible and have been able to bring our kids along twice now. They were so excited to play carnival games and brave the rides. But I think the most fun they ended up having was with our friends' kids. They have met them a handful of times but the visits are few and far between. With all three of my kids, it took a matter of seconds to warm up to their friends, jumping right in as if they just saw each other last week.

Things got pretty crazy with a mix of sugar, toy guns and an extremely late bed time. The kids had the time of their lives and reflected on having the most fun playing with all of the kids.

I love seeing their social bravery and outgoing nature. It is so endearing to see them warm right up to others and to strengthen these relationships with ease.

No comments:

Post a Comment