Sunday, June 15, 2014

Lesson #46

Life goes on without me

Every time we leave the kids for more than just a few hours, I naturally think about how they will feel with me not around. I worry about Miles waking up and calling my name. I worry about whether or not they can trust that we will be back. I worry about them sleeping well, eating well and not feeling sad that we are not here. We are lucky enough to have great people in our lives to watch our kids when we do leave town, but I still manage to worry to some extent.





As much as I love to feel wanted and needed, there is no better feeling than calling home and hearing happiness in their voices despite my absence. While away this weekend, the sitter sent numerous photos and videos, sharing all of the fun activities from the weekend. Not once did I hear fear, sadness or anxiety in their words. they were happy and content in my absence. The kids engaged in their normal routines, even fitting in hockey, swimming lessons and camp. They went about their normal weekend routine feeling loved and cared for.

It is a little reminder that life does go on without me and that things can go pretty smoothly without me at the helm of the ship. But it is still good to come home to open arms and hearing the words, "Don't go on any more trips without us please."

No comments:

Post a Comment