Friday, June 6, 2014

Lesson #38

Patience is not my best attribute

My patience is really getting a push today as I embark on my last potty training adventure. I have seen the date on the calendar and have looked forward to it with enthusiasm and dread at the same time. Miles is the last of the three to tackle this milestone. I am so ready to be free from the chains of diapers and everything that goes along with them. But I also know that the next 72 hours are going to be rough.



I think the hardest part of this process is staying home without any outings planned. Apparently, it will be just as hard for the other kids. When I warned Max that we would be home to potty train he was shocked!. "wait, you mean we are going anywhere or doing anything all day?"

I was very optimistic as the morning started. He stayed dry for 90 minutes. But things quickly changed with multiple underwear changes and several false alarms. Trying to juggle laying with everyone while not letting Miles out of my sight has been exhausting. I looked at the clock at one point and it was only 10:30. I thought I might pull out my hair.

All is quiet now as it is nap time. I have a bit of a break. As I look back at the stressful morning, I see how well Max and Zoey have handled the whole thing. Without being prompted, they both made a huge deal about Miles wearing underwear, cheering him on about being a big boy. Max asked Miles to watch him go potty to learn how it is done and Zoey made up her own potty dance to encourage his tiny victories.

I am hopeful that the afternoon will be a littl easier. Progress has been made and I know it will get better with each day. At least I have a small team of coaches on my side!

No comments:

Post a Comment