Saturday, June 21, 2014

Lesson #53

Ignorance is bliss

I dread taking the kids to see the Dr. for a variety of reasons. Yesterday, I was specifically dreading the trip because I assumed Zoey would be getting shots. I vividly remember when Max got his last round of shots. You might have thought they amputated his arm. I didn't mention it to Zoey because I didn't want to deal with any sort of meltdown.

Aside from four trips to the bathroom with Miles, one load of poop in his underpants, the visit was going pretty well. I let the nurse bring up the pending shots. To my utter surprise, Zoey did not melt down. Not only did she not freak out, she actually smiled, held her arms high and yelled, "shots! Yay!"

I'm not sure what the excitement was all about but I went with it. I cheered right along with her. I knew they joy would fade when the first blow was delivered but by that time, we were 30% done! By shot number two she was not happy. But the nurse snuck in the third before she could jump down from the table. This girl did not shed a single tear! Of course we have been hearing about her sore arms for the past 24 hours but otherwise, a totally victory for all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment