Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Lesson #42

The best way to make food appetizing to a toddler is to give it to someone else

I try really hard to raise flexible eaters. I do not want to have picky kids that only eat familiar foods. I know this is somewhat out of my control but I still do the best I can to introduce new things. I refuse to make individual meals and always expect them to at least try each item on the plate. Max and Zoey have always been pretty good at trying new things. Miles is really starting to throw me for a loop. This two-year-old can be really finicky. It is hard to get him to eat grains and most meat items. I am always trying to get enough protein into his diet.


One really neat trick Miles has been pulling lately is stealing from Zoey's place setting. Not only does he thieve her utensils, he will snag food right off her plate, even if he has the same food in front of him. This morning, Miles at all of his peach but wanted nothing to do with the mini peanut butter pancake sandwiches I made.

I was too busy to force the issue and hoped he would eat a few more bites if I set them aside. We were all about ready to leave the house and Zoey picked up one of Miles' pancake creations. No sooner did she have the sandwich in her mouth did Miles start yelling that it was his. I let her have half and he then proceeded to scarf down the other half as well as another whole one.

At least I have a new food strategy.

No comments:

Post a Comment