Sunday, June 15, 2014

Lesson #47

The laundry will still be there tomorrow

There is nothing more exhausting than traveling all day after a late night out only to come home to four loads of clean laundry to fold and put away. I love vacation but it is always hard knowing what awaits me back in the kingdom of stay-at-home-mommy land.

I was so excited to get back to the kids today after four days away. They welcomed us with big hugs and numerous tales of adventure and mayhem under the watchful eye of a babysitter. They of course wanted to hit the pool, the park and dinner, eager to make up for lost time. I felt the laundry calling me from the mud room. "Fold me. Sort me. Put me away before I multiply!"

As much as my type A personality was screaming for a task oriented afternoon, my kids were gleefully begging for love and attention. It killed me to think about doing all of that laundry after they all went to bed. I had a date in mind with my couch, "Game of Thrones" and Thai delivery. But I knew that the laundry would be here tomorrow. I knew my kids would be so happy to get some quality time. I knew I wouldn't regret the time spent tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment