Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Lesson #56

If a boy pees in a public parking lot and nobody is there to see it....

When it comes to potty training, my patience is really starting to fade. I am not sure if it is laziness or just the fact that I am wearing thin with the third kid, but I am so over it! Countless trips to the bathroom, usually at meal time, often with no results, have left me feeling defeated. Add in the countless pair of underwear tossed in the garbage after pooping incidents and I am at the end of my rope.

Today, we were leaving the gym to go to the mall for some book shopping. I was  already frazzled after trying to heard all three through the busy workout area as each of them ran in different directions, jumping over a variety of exercise machines. We made it to the car with plenty of fighting and even a little kicking. Everyone was buckled in. As soon as my butt hit the seat, Miles told me he had to go potty. There was no way in hell I was going to walk him back through the gym, along with the other two, just to watch him not go pee. But I also knew that it would be at least twenty minutes before he could use a bathroom at the mall.



I didn't think twice before pulling him out of his seat, walking him around to the front of my car, and pulling his pants down. There wasn't anyone around and there was a row of trees right in front of my car. Apparently he appreciated the novelty of outdoor urination. Just seconds later, his bladder was empty and we were off to the mall. Not my proudest parenting moment but I did feel victorious about the outcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment