Monday, June 9, 2014

Lesson #41
The sibling bond is unbreakable, no matter how weak it can seem at times

I am a very lucky girl. I have an older brother and younger sister to whom I am very close. We weren't always that way. My sister and I were definitely not the best of friends as she always seemed too young to be cool. At four years my junior, we never had much in common until she went to college. My brother and I were always close as kids and have managed to maintain a very good relationship, traveling across the state for visits several times each year. With my own three kids less than two years apart from one another, I have always hoped for the same type of relationship between them. They fight like animals a good majority of the time but they often give my glimpses of how much they truly love each other.



Yesterday, after Miles fell bouncing on his brother's bed, Max came running to get me. He was very concerned and visibly shaken by the blood gushing from his little brother's nose. He was pretty scared. Once Miles calmed down, Max was right there, asking if he was okay and telling him not to be sad. It was such a sweet moment.

Max can often get annoyed by his little sister. She tends to play the role of his shadow, wanting to do everything he is doing. Today when I dropped them off at camp, Zoey's enthusiasm quickly shifted to anxiety. She was scared to go in, holding up the carpool line. Max was so sweet, grabbing her by the hand and saying, "Let's go Zoey. This is what you have been waiting for."

In the midst of this crazy summer of fights, bloody noses and general chaos, it is endearing to see such loving moments between these kiddos. It can be easy to get frustrated by the day-to-day insanity of the tattling and arguing. But these are the moments that put it all into perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment