Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Lesson #50

Take nothing for granted...even the annoying things that drive you up the wall.

I love my kids more than anything. But there are definitely days when I want to pull my hair out and run screaming from the room before 9:00 am. I have little patience for tattling and bickering over ridiculous things. This morning was one of those days that I wanted to walk out and have someone else deal with my kids. I did not have that luxury today however.


My day did take a turn for the better by lunch time. I felt pretty good and was not as annoyed as earlier in the morning. I then talked to my mother-in-law who is battling leukemia yet again and really struggling. Hearing her talk about wanting nothing more than to have more time with her grand kids really struck me. Of all the people she has in her life and all of the wonderful places to go things to see now that she is retired, she desperately wants to see our three kids grow up a little more.

We got off the phone and I have not been able to stop thinking about our conversation. All of the moments throughout the day that I fantasize about time alone and having a quiet house are times that I am sure she would give anything to have. My most frustrating and annoying day would probably be one she would find fun and life affirming. I would love more than anything to have her perspective on life and family. I learn a lot from my kids but I also continue to learn so much from this amazing woman. I pray that she has years left with us and the kids. I know that they too have so much to learn from her.

No comments:

Post a Comment