Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Lesson #36

When in doubt, play dumb

I never claim to be the mom that has it all together. I claim a victory when we all get out there door on time, avoid any major melt downs in public and make it home in the same clothing we left wearing. I am not afraid about taking all three kids on long outings. I prefer a day when we are gone by 8:00 am and home just in time for naps at 1:00 pm. Today that was definitely my plan. But when we arrived at the gym at 8:20, just in time to drop off at child care and make it to stretch, my day hit a snag. Why did Miles have only one shoe?



I had a few options before me:
1. Run home to get the shoe and be a few minutes late for my class.
2. Let him go without a shoe at the gym and race home before meeting my friend at a local coffee shop/play place. I would have definitely been late to this.
3. Play dumb about the missing shoe to anyone pointing out, "Hey, did you know your kid is missing a shoe?"

I decided to go with option #3. I would venture to say that at least 8 people pointed out the missing shoe. We hit the gym, played and sipped coffee at The Nest, returned items and shopped at Wal Mart (not really out of place without shoes here), then even dined out at a very casual neighborhood restaurant. Not my best showing but I feel like I enjoyed the day, as well as the kids, without really sacrificing anything! No regrets!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment