Sunday, June 8, 2014

Lesson #40

Poop victory--the sweet smell of success!

TMI warning!
Day three of potty training has proven to been the highlight of the weekend! After a pooping fail in the playhouse on day one, I thought Miles would be scarred for life. He forced himself into a pooping standoff all day yesterday. I just knew we were in for something disastrous from the kid that is as regular as coffee chugging truck driver. I was on the edge of my seat, nervous about when and where he would be overcome by the urge to go. By the time we were out and about this morning, I was pretty anxious about how this would all come out in the end. I knew we were in for something when he started complaining that his belly hurt.



We got home from church and errands with a very upset little man. He kept getting on and off the potty, terrified about what was going to happen. But crouched down on the floor, inches from the toilet, I managed to coax him through this triumphant moment with seven verses of Old McDonald. By the time this farmer had a gorilla, we had hurdled the pooping challenge. I wasn't sure what he would think when he stood up but Miles simply asked, "What is that?"

"That is your poop," I said. And the rest is potty training history!


No comments:

Post a Comment