Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Lesson #98

When they are too sick for ice cream

I have been very blessed with kids that do not tend to get sick very often. Maybe it is the fact that they were breast fed for the first year of life. Maybe it is my laid back attitude about disinfecting and over-cleaning. Maybe it is the fact that they get lots of exercise and eat relatively healthy most of the time. Whatever the reason, I am luck that my kids bounce back pretty quickly when they do get sick.



Yesterday, i knew something was really wrong when my turbo energy six-year-old failed to eat more than two bites of lunch and proceeded to fall asleep on the couch for an hour. I just knew he was sick. But what really alerted me to the level of his sickness was the fact that he could not bring himself to eat the ice cream we all had for dessert. Max has never in his life passed up this treat! He ended up having a temperature of 103.

He is starting to feel a little bit better today but I have to force him to rest and take it easy. This has never been an easy task for Max. His resting speed is go, go go! But I am pretty sure that after a long day of iPad play and a few cartoons, he will be ready for dessert tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment