Saturday, August 2, 2014

Lesson #95

Spreading the love around

Anyone that has ever met my two-year-old son Miles knows how cuddly and affectionate he is. He loves nothing more than climbing up on my lap, sucking his thumb, and rubbing my arm. "Soft rubs" we call it. He has always been this way. Because of his very affectionate nature, it is pretty automatic to be physically bonding with him.

Don't get me wrong, we are a super warm family and often share hugs and kisses throughout the day. It is just that Miles is particularly fond of snuggling up.



Today, while swimming in the pool, Zoey was having one melt down after another. This phase she is going through has really been weighing on me. She has always been such a chill girl and so easy going. But lately, she has been very quick to fall to pieces over the smallest thing.

My husband pointed something out to me that really made me stop and think. He told me I should try to give her more physical affection. I am sure I tend to do this more with Miles now that Zoey has gotten older. I immediately shifted my focus to her for the next hour that we were outside. She was so happy and content with my undivided attention.

Having three kids makes it impossible to give them all what they need simultaneously. It is all about juggling and spreading yourself around as evenly as possible. I try so hard to do this on a daily basis but I know that these little reminders really help me to keep that in perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment