Monday, August 18, 2014

Lesson #103

Summer takes on a whole new meaning when you have kids

I remember the feeling of sadness mixed with a little tiny bit of excitement as my summers ended as a child. Summer was the time of little responsibility, lots of laziness and sleeping in late. I was always a little bit excited to get back to school for the social aspect but never wanted to see the summer end.

Now that I have kids of my own, I have a myriad of feelings about the school year starting back up again. As much as I love spending time with them, visiting all of the fun St. Louis spots, I am really craving my alone time. In addition, I have so many projects that have taken a back seat over the busy summer months.

There is an even bigger part of me that is feeling really sad about two of my three kids being in school all day, five days a week. I am not sure where the time has gone. I feel like I have gotten used to it with Max as he did this last year. But thinking of Zoey, my only girl, being gone from me for the better part of the week, is just too much. I am going to miss having her around so much.

Miles will be back at his toddler program just two mornings each week. I will miss him too obviously but will still get a good chunk of one on one time with him.

Tomorrow will definitely be bringing some tears from me. But I know in a few weeks, I will adjust. We will be full into the swing of the school year and I will be just fine!

No comments:

Post a Comment