Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Lesson #104

Too crazy to cry

Today might have been a pretty emotional day for me. My only little girl started her first day of Junior Kindergarten! She went from her three morning per week preschool to starting a five, full day program. This is a huge shift for her and a major adjustment for me. I have had this little girl home with me for most of the time over the past four and a half years. I have been feeling sad leading up to this day.



But when the time came for drop off, I found that there was no time for any sort of emotional reaction. Somehow, I misjudged when I would need to get everyone moving this morning. I felt very rushed and flustered, trying to get everyone ready to head out. By the time we got there, I was pretty much sweating!

It was all I could do to keep from losing Miles in the swarms of families all trying to find their rooms and snap those first day of school photos. Once I got Max all settled in first grade, I rushed Zoey to her room. We walked in and she ran straight to her old friend from Preschool. She was so happy to see her buddy Remy and to explore the room. I snapped a few pictures and that was about all Zoey could be bothered to do. She was all set!

It wasn't until I was walking out that I even thought about the fact that I didn't tear up or have some emotional moment. It was just too crazy all morning to even register what was going on. But then again, there is always tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment